Wat Phu Khao Thong in Ayutthaya Thailand, have Chedi Phukhao Thong (Phukhao Thong Stupa) is a grand stupa located outside Khrung Si Ayutthaya Island about 2 kilometers in the northwest. Chedi Phukhao Thong (Phukhao Thong Stupa) is 90 meters high, but the stupa at Wat Yai Chaimongkhol in the southeast outside the city island is 2 meters higher than that of Wat Phukhao Thong.
Chedi Phukhao Thong that we see nowadays might have been renovated and made it higher during the reign of King Maha Thamma Racha to the reign of King Pate-Racha (During 1569 – 1703), and the grand renovation was done again in the reign of King Boromakot or in the late Ayutthaya period. The renovation comprised constructing four-leveled bases in a squared form. The first level is 69 X 69 meters; the second level is 63 X 63 meters; the third level is 49.4 X 49.4 meters; and the fourth level is 32.4 X 32.4 meters. There is a stair case on each side of the chedi, and the stairs run to the top of it. On the fourth level of the bases, there is a squared base inside a tunnel used to situate a Buddha image. Higher than that level, there was an octagonal base, a bell-shaped structure, throne, plong chanai (a part of Thai stupa), plee yod (a top part of Thai chedi), and a glass ball. The original chedi was trumbled down since early Rattanakosin period. When Field Marshall Por Phibulsongkhram was the Prime Minister in 1956, he assigned making a ball made of gold weighing 2,500 kilograms and put in the chedi. This means the renovation to celebrate 25th anniversary of the Buddha Era in Thailand.
by KanyaBotan :
Blog travel Thailand : http://thailandhere.blogspot.com/
FB : https://www.facebook.com/TravelinThailandbyBotan
G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/113385225930968971659/posts
Twitter : https://twitter.com/kanya120
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcodC9XVvrkKveX67Ehsp6A