Regarding to an official period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like all visitors to Thailand to continue with their travel plans as normal and kindly be advised.
• Many Thai people will be wearing black or white clothing as a sign of mourning. This is not required of visitors but if possible, they should wear sombre and respectful clothing when in public.
• Visitors should refrain from conducting any inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour.
• Tourist attractions will be open as usual with the exception of Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and the Grand Palace, as they will be the venue of the Royal Funeral Rites.
• The Government has asked for the cooperation from the entertainment venues; such as, bars and nightclubs to consider the opening of their business operations during this time. The decision will be made by the individual owners.
• Most of the traditional and cultural events will be taking place as usual, although the celebrations may be changed for appropriateness as a mark of respect, or the events may be dedicated to the memory of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
• All transport, banks, hospitals and other public services will be operating as usual.
• The related authorities have stepped up safety and security measures for all Thais and visitors to facilitate their travelling around the country.
• For any enquiries, please contact our TAT domestic offices or Tel.: 1672.
Topics Where What Reviews Recipes Resorts Places Health & More
Upcoming Events Festival
Ubon Ratchathani Candle Festival July 11, 2022 – July 14, 2022
Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
Ubon Ratchathani hosts the Candle Festival to mark the beginning of Buddhist Lent. This festival shows the people’s devotion to Buddhist tradition as well as their skills in carving magnificent candles
Hungry Ghost Festival Singapore July 27, 2022 – August 24, 2022
The Hungry Ghost Festival is one of the best times of the year to soak in the local culture and observe traditional rites in hyper-modern Singapore.
George Town Festival Penang Malaysia August 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022
George Town Festival is a month-long festival that has turned into an illsutrious platform for the arts in Penang. From its start as a series of arts and culture events in celebration of George Town's listing as a UNESCO Heritage Site in 2008, George Town Festival was mooted and celebrated its first inauguration in 2010.…
Rainforest World Music Festival Malaysia August 7, 2022 – August 9, 2022
The Rainforest World Music Festival is a unique festival that brings together on the same stage renowned world musicians from all continents and indigenous musicians from the interiors of the mythical island of Borneo. Its formula of afternoon informative workshops, ethno-musical lectures, jamming sessions and mini concerts, followed by evening performances on the main stage…
HM the Queen's Birthday-Thailand August 12, 2022
Mothers day and the Queens Birthday
Independence Day Indonesia August 17, 2022
Celebrated on the day of August 17 and this day marks the declaration of Indonesia’s independence from Netherlands in the year of 1945.
National Day Malaysia August 31, 2022
Malaysia Day September 16, 2022
Chonburi Buffalo Racing Thailand October 4, 2022 – October 10, 2022
Chonburi Municipality Stadium, 107/12 Moo 2 Tumbolsamed, Amphur, Chon Buri District, Chon Buri 20000, Thailand
Venue : The yard in front of Chonburi Town Hall The festival features buffalo race which is divided into 3 sizes; small, medium and large. You will also see the decorated buffalo contest which is divided into beautiful type and funny type. There are also healthy buffalo contest, beauty buffalo breeder and also Nong Nang…
Naga Fireballs Thailand October 10, 2022 – October 16, 2022
Phon Phisai District, Nong Khai, Thailand
Naga fireballs have been reported over an approximately 250 kilometre long section of Mekong river with the centre of this section approximately at Phon Phisai town in Amphoe Phon Phisai. Balls have also been reported rising from smaller rivers, lakes and ponds in this region
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.