Regarding to an official period of mourning following the passing of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like all visitors to Thailand to continue with their travel plans as normal and kindly be advised.
• Many Thai people will be wearing black or white clothing as a sign of mourning. This is not required of visitors but if possible, they should wear sombre and respectful clothing when in public.
• Visitors should refrain from conducting any inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour.
• Tourist attractions will be open as usual with the exception of Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and the Grand Palace, as they will be the venue of the Royal Funeral Rites.
• The Government has asked for the cooperation from the entertainment venues; such as, bars and nightclubs to consider the opening of their business operations during this time. The decision will be made by the individual owners.
• Most of the traditional and cultural events will be taking place as usual, although the celebrations may be changed for appropriateness as a mark of respect, or the events may be dedicated to the memory of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
• All transport, banks, hospitals and other public services will be operating as usual.
• The related authorities have stepped up safety and security measures for all Thais and visitors to facilitate their travelling around the country.
• For any enquiries, please contact our TAT domestic offices or Tel.: 1672.
Topics Where What Reviews Recipes Resorts Places Health & More
Upcoming Events Festival
Phang Nga Bay Regatta ThailandMarch 4, 2020 – March 8, 2020The Chandara Resort & Spa at Ao Por, on Phuket’s east coast. Thailand The iconic Phang Nga Bay Regatta returns for its 18th edition this year, with a move to March and calls for cruisers to take sail on the bay. - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-sports/Phang-Nga-Bay-Regatta-calls-cruisers-take/45095#sthash.aqtO9gDA.dpuf
Luk BirthdayMarch 13, 2020
Hari Raya Nyepi- Balinese New YearMarch 21, 2020IndonesiaNew Year Balinese
Bali Spirit Festival-IndonesiaMarch 31, 2020 – April 5, 2020Bali, IndonesiaA Global Celebration of Yoga, Dance & Music
SongkranApril 13, 2020 – April 16, 2020ThailandWater festival New year
Khmer New Year CambodiaApril 14, 2020 – April 16, 2020CambodiaNew year 3 days and is considered the most important festival
Labor DayMay 1, 2020SE Asia
Hua Hin Jazz Festival Thailand May 9, 2020Hua Hin Beach, Bo Hin, Sikao, Trang, Thailandhttp://www.jazzfestivalhuahin.com/
Carabao Festival PhilippinesMay 15, 2020 – May 16, 2020Philippines, San Isidro, Nueva Ecija, Pulilan, Bulacan, and Angono, RizalThe Carabao Festival is celebrated on the feast day of San Isidro Labrador (St. Isidore the Worker), the farmer's patron saint from May 15 to 16 as tribute to the water buffalos or carabaos in the farming town of San Isidro, Nueva Ecija, Pulilan, Bulacan, and Angono, Rizal. The carabao or (kalabaw) is the national…
2015 Asian Women's Volleyball ChampionshipMay 20, 2020 – May 28, 2020Beijing, Beijing, ChinaThe 2015 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship will be held in Beijing and Tianjin, China from 20 to 28 May 2015. Exclude Japan, the top three teams will participate in World Olympic Qualification Tournament in May 2016.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.