Stir fried morning glory one of my favorite dishes, quick, easy and cheap to make and good
The recipe I saw on Temple of Thai which is one of my favorite sites for Thai recipes.
- Approx. 2 cups of cut up chinese morning glory . cut 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed with the side of a cleaver or knife
- 3 tblsp canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 tblsp of fish sauce The fish sauce adds salty taste so add more if want more salt.
- 2 tblsp of Thai soy sauce
- 2 tblsp of Thai oyster sauce
- 1/3 tsp sugar I add more sugar and use brown cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil until hot, over medium-high heat (not smoking though). Add the garlic. Immediately, add the cut up vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly until cooked slightly, approximately 2 minutes, depending on the vegetable.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Add water and sugar.
- Continue to stir fry until the vegetable is cooked through. Approximately another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, so the vegetable is still somewhat firm. Remove from heat.