You can buy Saté Sauce in every big supermarket or in all Asian supermarkets. But it´s so easy to make your own Saté Sauce within just a few minutes. Check out our simple recipe!
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 5 minutes
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- 2 red Thai chilies, seedless
- 2 tbs Love.Food.Asia. Garlic Ginger Paste
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 pn salt
- Add peanuts, chilies and Love.Food.Asia. Garlic Ginger Paste in a blender and mix well.
- Transfer to a pan and turn on low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients mix well and heat the Saté Sauce.
I remember the first time I was in Thailand (1989) and you could buy sate sauce drizzled over skewered BBQ chicken everywhere in the street stalls…absolutely delicious and cheap! Over the years to Thailand, gradually this is phased out and nowadays, you don’t see much of it around, only processed balls on skewers – not as appetising.
Star Anise is wonderful ground in sate sauce – hint from a friend from Sarawak.
Looks like an easy recipe I enjoy cooking and I will try it jackie yes I know about the balls on a skewer Ok but not much taste
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sadly, the Thai street food diet seems to have changed quite a lot over the years.