Saint Joseph’s Church is in Sum Phao Lom, Mueng District in Ayutthaya Thailand, is located in the south of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya City Island on the Chao Phraya River. It was built during the reign of King Narai in 1666 by Bishop Lambert de la Motte and the other two priests.
The missionaries had an audience with King Narai the Great and asked for a piece of land to build a church and a school in order to do religious affairs and educate children. A piece of land was given and a church and a school were built and made of wood called “Khai Nakboon Joseph (Saint Joseph’s camp)”
King Narai gave the piece of land to the church and also the materials including wood and bricks, and a big church was built with 120 feet (about 36.5 meters) long with two towers in the front.
by KanyaBotan :
Blog travel Thailand : http://thailandhere.blogspot.com/
FB : https://www.facebook.com/TravelinThailandbyBotan
G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/113385225930968971659/posts
Twitter : https://twitter.com/kanya120
YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcodC9XVvrkKveX67Ehsp6A
YouPic : https://youpic.com/user/KanyaBotan