Sweet / sticky rice with coconut and sesame seeds is delicious Khmer ethnic food. It’s very easy to make and everyone loves it. My kids are crazy about this sweet dessert 🙂
- 200 g Jasmine sweet rice
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 150 g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 120 g roasted sesame seeds
- 100 g shredded fresh or frozen fresh coconut meat (Asian supermarket)
- Wash and drain the rice.
- Cook sweet-rice in an automatic rice cooker.
- When sweet-rice cooked, separate cooked sweet rice with spatula and set it a side. Heat coconut milk in a large non stick pot till sauce thicken.
- Add sugar, salt, vanilla extract, stir till sugar disolved.
- Shut down heat.
- Add cooked sweet rice in and stir well.
- Add shredded coconut meat and stir well. Spreads prepared sweet-rice evenly on a cake pan or container.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on top. (Use spatula to pressed down sesame seeds)
View original post 16 more words