This is a walking street in Chiang khan the travelers walk along this street to find food to eat or looking for the logo products of Chiang Khan and the home stays. On the other side of the street you will see the mae khong river where the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening .
please follow my page by click this below.
some additional information on Chiang Khan
source wikitravel Chiang Khan is a small city in Loei Province in Isaan, located on the south bank of the Mekong River facing Laos. It is famous among Thai Tourists for it’s kitsch walking street. From the Loei Bus Terminal take a occasionally running bus (30 min) or a songthaew (60-90 min, 35 baht) to Chiang Khan. From Bangkok Bus Terminal Mochit-2. Ticket office №99 on the top floor. Night bus runs daily (Price around 500 baht) Once in Chiang Khan, you can pretty much get around on foot. Most guesthouses are on SriChiangKhan street, which is the main walking street of this charming little town. Walking street is about 20 blocks long, and you will spend most of your time there. There is a 7-11 at a block’s distance on the road parallel to walking street. If you plan to go to Kaeng Khut Ku (worth checking out), you can take a tuk-tuk for around 50 baht each way (depending on the number in your party).
- Gaeng Kut Kuu, (follow the road close to the river down for a few kilometer). There is a busy tourist site whit lots of restaurants and shops. During the dry season there are also restaurants in the river bed. It is possible to swim in the Mekong here. It is a short bicycle trip or a longer walk (~6km) east of Chiang Khan. A tuk-tuk will cost around 50 baht/person/way. Coordinates: N 17° 54.441 E 101° 42.085
- Pu Toke, (The way up the hill start at N17° 52.419 E101° 41.416). A hill whit great view over Chinag Khan and the Mekong. It is spectacular for its Sunrise. Most Guest houses can arrange transportation to the foot of the hill. From there it is a 25 baht tuck-tuck ride up. Or you can go there on a nice bicycle tour.
- Ganga Restaurant, 284 Chaikhong road, Chiang Khan Loei 42110 (Near Wat Tha kok(Temple Tha kok)), . Delicious international food, home made pizza, pasta and burger. Best fresh coffee and varieties of famous beer all over the world. The river side table are most spectacular spots in Chiang khan. Enjoy food with 180-degree panoramic views of Mae khong river.
- Leloei, (from Chiang Kong Road take Srichiang Kan Soi 13, at the end, it is the left restaurant on the other side of the big street). Two women usually cook outside here great Thai food. They take your request for vegetarian food whit “Mang sawir at” more serious than in other places. Coordinates: N17° 53.683 E101° 39.382 30-60 bath.
- Chiang Khan River View Guesthouse, 277 Chiang Kong Road (at the river end of Srichiang Kan Soi 19), ☎ 08-0741-8055 (email@example.com). Nice wooden guest house whit a river side Terrance. The cheaper rooms have shard bathroom, all have AC and fan. WiFi, Coffee/Tea and bicycles included. Coordinates: N17° 53.817 E101° 39.562 300-900 baht
- Songthaew to Loei. run every now and then along the main road. 35 baht.
- Bus to Loei. The bus terminal is 700m south the road leading to Loei at N17° 53.198 E101° 39.257. Buses runs several times a day. 38 baht.
- To Lao. There is a ferry over the Mekong to Lao. They don’t issues visas here and crossing is only legal whit beforehand arranged visas.