Hok Nguan Kung is next to the Surin Traffic Circle Phuket Town Thailand. A small shrine but like all chinese shrines, lot of color. The most important ritual object here is the crafted image of Ju Su Kong (hence locals refer to this shrine as Ju Su Kong Shrine.). His statue is made from sandalwood and is black from head to toe, so it’s not difficult to recognize him. Ju Su Kong is a deity who was born some 800 years ago in a small Chinese village. Unlike other sheep farmers, he took an interest in Buddhism and became a monk at a very young age. Over the years he gained many followers mainly because of his involvement in public works such as building roads and bridges. Later on he was titled Supreme Patriarch by an emperor of the Song Dynasty. Common folks including villagers and travelers who were touched by his kindness praised him as a deity when he passed away. The traffic circle is also a good photo.
World Nomad Travel Insurance
Life SE Asia YouTube Channel
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Topics Where What Reviews Recipes Resorts Places Health & More
Upcoming Events Festival
- Jaeb birthday June 18, 2021
- Dragon Boat Festival Singapore June 20, 2021 Singapore Thumping drumbeats and delicious dumplings are the exciting ingredients that make the Dragon Boat Festival a sizzler of a festival in Singapore
- Ubon Ratchathani Candle Festival July 11, 2021 – July 14, 2021 Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand Ubon Ratchathani hosts the Candle Festival to mark the beginning of Buddhist Lent. This festival shows the people’s devotion to Buddhist tradition as well as their skills in carving magnificent candles
- Hungry Ghost Festival Singapore July 27, 2021 – August 24, 2021 Singapore The Hungry Ghost Festival is one of the best times of the year to soak in the local culture and observe traditional rites in hyper-modern Singapore.
- George Town Festival Penang Malaysia August 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021 Penang, Malaysia George Town Festival is a month-long festival that has turned into an illsutrious platform for the arts in Penang. From its start as a series of arts and culture events in celebration of George Town's listing as a UNESCO Heritage Site in 2008, George Town Festival was mooted and celebrated its first inauguration in 2010.…
- Rainforest World Music Festival Malaysia August 7, 2021 – August 9, 2021 Sarawak, Malaysia The Rainforest World Music Festival is a unique festival that brings together on the same stage renowned world musicians from all continents and indigenous musicians from the interiors of the mythical island of Borneo. Its formula of afternoon informative workshops, ethno-musical lectures, jamming sessions and mini concerts, followed by evening performances on the main stage…
- HM the Queen's Birthday-Thailand August 12, 2021 Thailand Mothers day and the Queens Birthday
- Independence Day Indonesia August 17, 2021 Indonesia Celebrated on the day of August 17 and this day marks the declaration of Indonesia’s independence from Netherlands in the year of 1945.
- National Day Malaysia August 31, 2021 Malaysia
- Malaysia Day September 16, 2021 Malaysia
SE Asia Recipes and Reviews Restaurants & Nightlife
Jackie littletaylor photography SE Asia Fine Art
jamoroki Travel,Photo Art Social Awareness
- Life in SE ASIA a Daily Magazine
- the travelling tomyam
Boomers cafe bar Kamala Thailand
Art Beauty of people in everyday life Cambodia Culture and Social dining/foods/recipes/drinks Discovery Events, scheduled, Concerts,Festivals, Holidays Fine Art Photography Health/medical/healthcare/ Historic Life as an expat Malaysia Nature Wildlife night life Phuket Island place to see recipes SE ASIA Resorts / Hotels/ Cruises Review of Eating Places SE ASIA Shrines Temples Temples, Shrines, Historic and Antiquity Sites Thailand Tours and Tour Guides Transportation Travel Travel Photography Vietnam Wat YouTube